Move back the trade deadline (FAILED)

Should we move back the trade deadline to August 21st?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roggie

Staff member
What would that do with INT FA timing? IIRC we changed that in the past to be the sim after the deadline so everyone's budgets were set.

Wade Miles Davis

What would that do with INT FA timing? IIRC we changed that in the past to be the sim after the deadline so everyone's budgets were set.
TBH I think that's probably the point? To make everyone have to decide on their deadline strategy before buying IFAs?

It does mean there's a sim where you - if you bought on the IFA market - genuinely do not know how much money you are gonna have, which makes trading hard.

Neurotic

Administrator
Staff member
That would require another poll in itself tbh. We could move it back to Sept 1st or leave it to induce more strategy like Brian stated.

Roggie

Staff member
TBH I think that's probably the point? To make everyone have to decide on their deadline strategy before buying IFAs?

It does mean there's a sim where you - if you bought on the IFA market - genuinely do not know how much money you are gonna have, which makes trading hard.
That second part is why IFA got changed a while back. It made trading a bit of a headache.

I like the idea of pushing back the deadline, but IFA would HAVE to be changed for me to vote yes on it. Either pushing it about a month earlier into the season or to Sept 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.