No Trade Clauses

Should NTCs be allowed?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

HAL9100

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, this is coming up because of Bryles but this isn't a question about Bryles. Roggie and I have been under the assumption for many years that NTCs were not allowed in contracts and have never seen a player exercise a NTC before. Maybe it's a newer function in the game that the players will actually use their NTC so it's never been an issue in the past, but that I don't know specifically because like I said, I had thought they weren't allowed. That said, there's nothing in the rules about them not being allowed and it is a function of the game so I figured this would be an issue to bring to you guys. Should No Trade Clauses be allowed in our contracts?

Yes - This is now a perk that can be used in your contract negotiations. However, this could end up allowing one of your players or the other team's players to veto your agreed upon trade.

No - As we are used to, players will be able to be traded at our whim but this cannot be used as a selling point in offering contracts. All future contracts where an NTC is offered will be illegal and voided. All past contracts with NTCs will be ignored.

I just want to say that, NTC aside, a thorough reading/rewriting of the Rules post (including updated roster of players) is in order.

EDIT:
A few examples: there is a section of rules marked "Suspended" - why not delete? There's still stadium renovation info. And Colby is still on the trade committee.

Roggie

Staff member
I just want to say that, NTC aside, a thorough reading/rewriting of the Rules post (including updated roster of players) is in order.

EDIT:
A few examples: there is a section of rules marked "Suspended" - why not delete? There's still stadium renovation info. And Colby is still on the trade committee.
Yeah, I've been working on making sure to update the immediate things like the options rule and a couple others, but this offseason we are going to do a clean sweep of the rules thread.

HAL9100

Administrator
Staff member
After looking into this some more, I don't like the way NTCs are handled by players so I'm going to ban them. It works okay for some players, but it seems like most just won't accept a trade anywhere. I gave 1 player a NTC and he wouldn't accept a trade to any team, so I forced the trade to another team and tried to trade him back to his original team...which he also vetoed. So he literally wouldn't accept to any team. So NTCs are no longer allowed.