Official NBA Thread

Shel

So, who all are the hoopsters in this league?

Good to hear that the league and the players' association are seemingly going to do everything possible to finish out this season. Hopefully in the next month or 2 we see an official plan unveiled for a return to close out this season.

Either way, this all should facilitate a Christmas Day league start time going forward, which I think the league wants, and I think we be so much better.

Go Pels!

wdoupis

I saw today the players have a private poll about wanting to come back. I was shocked Michele Roberts said the bubble idea was like incarceration. WTF man. I think she has been a pretty poor leader of the NBAPA and that one was way out there. I thought the players wanted to make money as well and I think they mostly do. There is not a perfect situation to come back but if that comment represents the attitude of the NBAPA then I think the season is done.

Shel

I was shocked Michele Roberts said the bubble idea was like incarceration. WTF man. I think she has been a pretty poor leader of the NBAPA and that one was way out there.
I thought I read that this take came from the players' thoughts.

But I agree, if you want to return, there's going to be some give and take.

jeheinz72

I’m a hoopster. Glad that the year shit went all batty is the year the Warriors were forced to take off

wdoupis

I’m a hoopster. Glad that the year shit went all batty is the year the Warriors were forced to take off
Attaboy. I'm looking forward to watching the Warriors play again now that the bitch boy KD is gone. That was such a fun team to watch.

jeheinz72

Of course you're a warriors fan. :shifty:
I mean, I grew up in the Bay Area - so, yes, yes I'm a Warriors fan.
Don't even feel bad about the late run of dominance either. I grew up on Run TMC, dealt with Spre choking PJ, suffered through the Todd Fuller "era", and was all-in on the We Believe Dubs. I've earned some payoff

Neurotic

Administrator
Staff member
KD is the most soft and sensitive NBA player I've ever seen and going to the Warriors was a total bitch move.
Why? Because it was a guaranteed title? I respect the decision a lot more now that hes gone. Went there to pickup a title or two and dipped out. Why judge him for wanting that experience?

wdoupis

Because joining the team that set the record for most wins of all time and then winning with them does not prove to anyone you are a champion. Great job, you got 2 rings they would have won anyways if they just kept Barnes.

I mean OKC was up and blew games 6 and 7 vs GS and KD played like absolute dog shit in game 7 and rather than say I could have beaten them he just joins them.

wdoupis

I'm not mad at him about anything. I just said it was a bitch move. Not the mindset I'd prefer from someone who is striving to be a top 15 player of all time.

Neurotic

Administrator
Staff member
I dont understand how thats a "bitch move". You dont think guys should take their best odds at winning a championship? Was Steph a bitch for signing an extension in 2017? Should he have wanted to go to a different team that would have had a harder time winning?

jeheinz72

I see both sides of it. I think on one hand, if Durant does covet his spot on any all-time lists, he knows he has to have a ring to play ball there (see Barkley, Charles). So while he got it, and I presume got what he wanted out of his Warrior time, there is a bit of a bandwagon sense to it. I think working in his favor is that he was Finals MVP in both wins, that slides it to a bit more earned than followed.

And I'd debate the Dubs would've won them anyhow if he doesn't come over. They had just lost to the Cavs in the Finals, and while beating up on shitty and mediocre teams all Winter can make for a nice record, I think they were a bit exposed as being short one offensive weapon in that series. Draymond and Iggy are good players, but not very scary offensively.

Harrison Barnes is a fine player but he's not a big-time weapon, he's the "let's make him beat us" type guy.