Official NBA Thread

Shel

So while he got it, and I presume got what he wanted out of his Warrior time
He got the titles but I don't think he got what he wanted. There's been a lot of articles written about how he thought he'd take the crown from Lebron as best player in the league, then he won 2 titles, and for the most part, everyone knew Lebron was still better and that ate at him a good bit.

And I'd debate the Dubs would've won them anyhow if he doesn't come over.
Based on the rest, I assume you mean would not have won? Not sure I agree with that as a blanket statement, but it wouldn't have been an automatic title like the 2 healthy KD years. Their depth was steadily getting older and worse.

jeheinz72

Yes, I was debating Billy's statement that they would've won the title anyways if they resigned Barnes. They likely wouldn't have. Maybe one with some good injury fortunes, but if KD stays in OKC I think the Dubs going into those years are much more in a group of contenders than a clear cut above that set of contenders

wdoupis

But they did already win a title before KD came. Yes they just lost to the Cavs but that was a loaded Cavs team too and Lebron's apex moment and it was still a fluky loss. Obviously they were better with KD but he joined a champion who just won 73 games. I am not giving him credit as some savior who put them over the top. KD was on a title contending team and blew a lead vs GS and then just flipped sides to destroy everyone. I honestly think that move hurts the talk of him being on all-time lists more than the two titles helped him.

wdoupis

I dont understand how thats a "bitch move". You dont think guys should take their best odds at winning a championship? Was Steph a bitch for signing an extension in 2017? Should he have wanted to go to a different team that would have had a harder time winning?
This makes so little sense comparing it to Steph. Steph endured the same hard times that KD did in OKC and built it by sticking together as a core and improving. KD did the opposite.

wdoupis

Playing with Westbrook seems miserable so I get KD wanting to leave, he just should have chosen somewhere else.

Shel

Per Windhorst:

"Let me just say how do you get to 20 though?" said Brian Windhorst. "Because if you just go by the straight records, because to me, this is what I've already heard, alright. I've already heard people in this league say this is an elaborate game to get Zion Williamson into this bubble."

..."I'll tell you one thing: that scenario gets Zion Williamson in," added Windhorst. "Look, I've just heard... I'm not saying the NBA is going this route, I'm just saying I've already heard this scenario that no matter what happens, the cutoff line will be the Pelicans. They'll be in. It will be the first time in the history of the NBA that the league kicked the ball into the fairway for New Orleans."

Shel

NBA owners have a call set for THursday, here's what it looks like they'll approve:

• 22 team return
  • In Orland
  • Each team will play 8 more regular season games to close out the season for seeding purposes
  • If the 9 seed is more than 4 games back, the 8 seed is in
  • If the 9 seed is less than 4 games back, there will be a play in tourney